Friday, November 9, 2007

I suck...

...at writing. Just ask my mom how much I wrote while I was in New Zealand for 2 years. As such I've been avoiding the whole blogging craze (apart from the occasional fluff post on my favorite gaming site). Now I sit here on the eve of my first official business trip as a "grown-up" and need a way to keep in touch with my family and share the excitement with them. I have blog space on MySpace, Facebook, 2old2play, and a million other places on the web, but I thought it'd be nice to start anew here.

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to spend a week at Nike's European headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands. I'm heading over with a small contingent of imaging operations folks to discuss apparel imaging as it relates on a global scale. I was chosen to go based on work I've been doing around imaging automation and data consolidation. Quite flattering that a low-level illustrator jockey like me be chosen for such a trip.

Nike definitely does things right. I'll be flying Lufthansa business class direct from Portland to Frankfurt, Germany then a quick hop to Amsterdam. We'll be staying in the heart of Amsterdam at the Amsterdam American hotel, so the evenings after work should be fun exploring (don't worry mom, I'll stay away from the red-light district and hash bars). We also have plans to visit the Rijksmuseum and see original works by Rembrandt, Vermeer and my favorite, Frans Hals. Hopefully we can make it out to the Frans Hals museum as well so I can see my favorite piece, the Archers of St. Hadrian.



I'm taking my camera and laptop, so keep an eye out for updates here.

4 comments:

m3ng said...

Hey, that's awesome! Glad to see you started your own blog. Don't feel like a nerd? I mean, even more now? :) Welcome to the ranks.

Have fun on the trip. I'm envious. I also look forward to some updates.

Jenn said...

Yay! Kyle has joined the blogging craze. That makes me happy. I'm excited for you in Amsterdam- it's a really cool city. Take lots of pics!

Deb said...

Hi Kyle! I too am excited to see your photos! And totally jealous! Your trip sounds fun!

Sonia B said...

Kyle, can' wait to hear more about your trip. Hope you post lots of pics. So glad that folks are recognizing your work at Nike. Hope they keep seeing the great things you do.