Friday, March 7, 2008

Boolim and the LCC crew

I'm here in Korea to set up design IT infrastructure and do a little training with a new Production Artist crew called the LCC. They work at one of our main factory liasons, Boolim, for licensed apparel. No, we're not outsourcing, yet.

Boolim offices on the right. No factory in sight. We always refer to Boolim as "the factory", so I was surprised to arrive and find only a main office building. The main factory is across town and they are our liason with several other factories across asia.


Beware, o ye who enter here, for death awaits with sharp pointy teeth. Just kidding. The front desk security guy is awesome. Almost as awesome as Cheryl at the Michael Jordan building front desk. Almost.


"The Boss"
Looks like Amber found my blog. At least Silver is amused.


The Crew
Silver, Jinju, Jenny, Danny


My desk


The Office, minus Dwight Schrute


My favorite time of day, lunchtime.

Dorky foreigner, Amber, Danny


Jinju, Jenny and Silver


My driver, Mr. "Jeeves" Hur

Notice the screen in the middle? IPTV, media player, internet, GPS and bunch of other tech stuff in one device. Everybody has 'em here. We're sooooo behind the cool tech times in the US.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You were a blogging machine kyle! I'm glad you're keeping us updated on your trip. Looks like you're having a good (or at least not horrible in any way) time. Make sure to bring me home some anime character sweat (which i'm assuming is what that drink is... they love anime over there).

Becky said...

*waves at Korean people*

kevandcan said...

Looks like a great trip - though I bet you're ready for home. I loved the consulting firm -- I've been trying to come up with a new name for my next website -- now i have one!