Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jet Laaaaaaaaaaag

I was supposed to leave Portland on Saturday at 10:20, arrive in San Francisco at 12:07 and catch my flight to Seoul at 1:39pm. The flight from Portland didn't leave until 11:30-ish. I landed in San Fran at 1:23, deplaned ASAP and sprinted for International in hopes they would hold the plane for the 3 or so people on the flight from PDX. I hit the terminal at 1:40 and the doors were closed, but the plane was sitting right out the window. Once the doors are closed, they don't open.

Fortunately the fault was with United and I was flying business class, so they hooked me up with a hotel, meal vouchers and a few extra frequent flier miles. The downside was the earliest I could fly out was 12:57 the next day to Narita airport in Tokyo. I had a 4 1/2 hour layover in Tokyo then a 2 1/2 hour hop to Seoul to finally land at 11:10pm on Sunday 2/24.

Total transit time was supposed to be about 16hrs. From the time I left Portland to the time I landed in Seoul totaled a whopping 44 hrs. Granted a chunk of that was spent sleeping in a hotel in San Francisco, but it still translated into a hefty case of jet lag.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Becky told me about your crappy flight situation. That's a lot of time to get from point a to point b. At least they hooked you up a bit to make up for it though. Hope you have fun in korea.