Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

It's official. I leave for Korea on Friday at 10am. A quick 2 hour hop to San Fran, hour and half wait and 13 hour jaunt into Incheon airport. Fortunately Nike treats their employees well and I'll be livin large in business class. "Hot towel for you, sir?"

I'll be staying at the Dormy hotel, trying to make up for a college experience spent without one room living. My room has a small kitchenette, clothes washer/dryer and a bidet. You know you're living the high life when you've got a bidet. It'll be nice having some small conveniences since I'll be there for 3 weeks.

Things will get all twilight zone on the way back. I leave Korea on Saturday 3/15 at 2pm and arrive back in Portland 2 hours before I left. Weird. I guess the return flight passes through the Bermuda Triangle.

4 comments:

Becky said...

*sob!*

Lori said...

Becky will miss you, that's for sure.

I find it strange that america is one of the few countries that is bidet-less. It doesnt matter how poor you are in argentina, if you have a toilet, there's a bidet right next to it. It kind of threw me for a loop, but i guess they just like wet bums more than we do.

Sonia B said...

Ignorant me . . . I had to look up what a bidet was for sure. Hope we hear from you lots this trip!

Peanut said...

Me thinks thou dost have many updates to write. I've linked you to my blog, BTW. Just in case you get some randoms un in here.